Students will review several statistical techniques and discuss situations in which they would use each technique, how to set up the analysis, as well as how to interpret the results. This includes a broad range of techniques for exploring and summarizing data, as well as investigating and testing relationships.
Audience: Anyone who has worked with IBM SPSS Statistics and wants to become better versed in the basic statistical capabilities of IBM SPSS Statistics Base.
Anyone who wants to refresh their knowledge and statistical experience.
Prerequisites: Familiarity with basic concepts in statistics, such as measurement levels, mean, and standard deviation.
Familiarity with the windows in SPSS Statistics either by experience with IBM SPSS Statistics (version 18 or later) or completion of the SPSS Statistics Essentials (V25) course.
- Introduction to statistical analysis
- Test hypotheses about individual variables
- Test the relationship between categorical variables
- Test on the difference between two group means
- Test on differences between more than two group means
- Test the relationship between scale variables
- Predict a scale variable: Regression
- Introduction to Bayesian statistics
- Overview of multivariate procedures
Date: 28-29 November 2020
Venue: Royal Hotel, 267 Anton Lembede St, Durban Central, Durban, 4001
Registration Fee: R1250
Time: 0800Hrs to 1600Hrs